There are times when you wonder if you've absolutely lost the plot starting a business on your own, there are times when you wish there were more hours in a day, less to do and more people to do it, and more of you to spread around for family time versus work time. However, if you're as driven as required to start, build, run and develop a business then it becomes obvious that the first 5 years of your life is another apprenticeship, just like when you started out in your first real job as a kid all those years ago. You realise, hell, I've got a long way to go yet before I can take time off!
It does kinda suck eggs, but if you want to build something and not just "make money" you gotta be ready to make sacrifices, and coerce loved ones into accepting it and assisting even.
Four years ago Hellweek PT(TM) was in the final stages of its "proof of concept" phase. When I approached Senior Chief about joining me on this wild and wacky adventure that I had started from nothing, he thought I was absolutely nuts - but he seen the potential in what was there having listened to me. Based on watching me lead from the front for several months, SC came on board and did the Selection Challenge him self, together with 13 unsuspecting athletes from our Athletics Club. At the end of that session, comments were made to the nature of, "I don't know whether I love ya or hate ya after that!", "There are places for sadists like you and they all have iron bars on the doors, but damn that was good!", "I loved it, and I can see how you will make it grow, change it up and give candidates an experience they won't get anywhere else, and I'm in the Army 23 years!!!"
And since then, it has indeed grown, changed up and given people experiences they wouldn't have gotten anywhere else, we've even had a USN SEAL on the deck with us. Support has come in from all over the world but especially from within the Special Forces Community where its authenticity and professionalism has been acknowledged time and time again.
Ambitions are a wonderful asset, but knowing your trade and knowing how to turn it into a viable business that will be successful take deliberate vision, execution and learning - you are always learning in this world - ALWAYS!
Having the vision to realise that no matter how much you already know, you will always have to learn something new to be in and ahead of the game is paramount to successful outcomes - whether it be that you need to find a new way to make the same decision but in a more positive and amiable manner, or be it a case that you have to learn something new altogether in order to make something work, you are always learning.
All of that aside, if you don't have the stones to go out and make your dreams and ambitions a reality and you're not willing to make the sacrifices, you're going nowhere fast! So don't put it off, do it today, you'll be glad you did.
Success
whether you know it or not, is very intentional and deliberate, there
has never been a person that simply woke up one day and was successful
by chance...
Selection Challenge(TM) Class 011 is ready for bookings and training, get your slot here; www.hellweekpt.com/selection.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment